NETWORK SCIENCE RESEARCHER
Québec Maple Syrup Producers have developed an international network of renowned scientists dedicated to learning more about maple from Canada, including the many health benefits of its ingredients and compounds. The network’s research projects have been recognized by the international scientific community in fields as varied as nutrigenomics, physiology, organic chemistry and life cycle assessment.
To date, key discoveries about Maple from Canada include:
- Its antioxidant power
- Its nutritional value
- Its unique phenolic compound named “Quebecol”
- Its potential as a better sweetener for controlling blood sugar
- Its phytohormones content
- Its benefits for athletes
- Its general health benefits compared to other sugars such as white sugar
We invite you to learn more about our network of maple researchers, highlighted below.